Thursday, November 1, 2012

Paperman Concept Art

Here's a post in celebration of the release of Wreck it Ralph and Paperman!

When I first "graduated" from trainee status, it was the production Paperman who gave me my first shot to prove myself at Disney! I firmly believe that without this very special project, my time at Disney would have been cut short. Thanks so much to Jeff Turley and John Kahrs for giving me a chance. The images below are the very few vis dev pieces I did, because it was time to ramp up and work on the backgrounds for the final product.






Will be released TONIGHT at midnight in front of Wreck-it Ralph.


6 comments:

Elaine Wu said...

wow these are amazing!!! beautiful work as usual :)

Unknown said...

So beautiful! I can't wait to see it!

Josh Kao said...

amazing!

Winona Janega said...

These are really lovely pieces!

I've seen Paperman 3 times thus far, twice a few weeks back when John Kahrs came and gave a lecture at my college on the way back from the Ottawa International Animation Festival, and then last week when I went to an advanced screening for Wreck-it-Ralph. I haven't gotten tired of it yet! I'm really drawn to this short, I love the overall look and feel of it, along with the story itself, and especially the music. Some people I saw it with didn't see the point in the CG/classical hybrid, and I guess felt that they should have just done it all traditionally. Can't please everyone, but I'm satisfied with it, as were the majority of folks who saw it along with me! :)

Michael Yates said...

these are great!

Rustam F. Hasanov said...

Really fantastic stuff Helen!